Increasing your veggie intake is a great way to boost your health with the right nutrients. Since no single vegetable can deliver all the essential nutrients your body needs, variety is the key.
Even so, choosing the best veggie recipes isn’t always easy. To help you out, we have selected some of the healthy vegetarian fall recipes that are convenient and delicious.
For these recipes, we have picked four different veggies that offer numerous health benefits that are perfect for fall recipes.
Let’s start with their health benefits.
Veggie Health Benefits
To start, we have beets. This root vegetable offers multiple health benefits.
- Red beets are packed with antioxidants.
- All beetroots contain a whole range of vitamins and minerals including, iron, potassium, folate, and manganese.
- Beetroots contain nitrates that reduce the stiffness in the arterial walls. This helps in lowering blood pressure levels.
- Athletes use beetroot juice to improve physical performance and boost energy levels during high-intensity exercise sessions.
If you’re looking to increase your beet intake, click HERE to order your next produce box.
Next, we have the potato. While this popular veggie is mainly considered as a carb source, potatoes aren’t without health benefits either.
- Potatoes are a rich source of nutrients like vitamin C, B vitamins, potassium, fibre, copper, tryptophan, and manganese.
- The chlorogenic acid and anthocyanins in potatoes help in lowering blood pressure levels.
- Potatoes also contain antioxidants that play an important role in keeping your cells healthy.
The third vegetable we have chosen is cauliflower. This veggie looks beautiful and is highly nutritious too.
- Cauliflowers are rich in choline. This is a chemical that is great for keeping the brain healthy and helps with sleep and memory.
- It contains multiple antioxidants. One of them, indole-3-carbinol, is effective in reducing cancer risks.
- It’s rich in sulfur, which supports the immune system and helps in the prevention of infections.
This versatile vegetable can be used in many recipes and you can also purchase it HERE in your next produce box.
Last but not the least, we have zucchini.
- Zucchini is rich in fibre content. With folate, riboflavin, Vitamins B6, C, and K, potassium, and manganese, it’s also nutrient-packed.
- It contains plenty of antioxidants like lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene.
- The high fibre content helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and keeps the heart healthy.
This vegetable is super versatile and can be used in a multitude of recipes.
We’ve included this roasted beet salad from Love & Lemons.
This fall starter is one of the best recipes for beets and is a perfect vegetarian fall recipe for any dinner party. The sweetness of the beets combined with the piquant flavors of paprika, bell pepper, and lime juice makes this an appetizing starter.
Here are the ingredients you need.
- 3 medium-sized beets, any variety
- A few tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ripe pear, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup of toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons walnut oil
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- A drizzle of honey
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- A few handfuls of salad greens
Add salt and pepper to the beets, apply some olive oil and wrap them in foil. Roast them in the oven at a temperature of 350 F. Make sure to roast until they are fork-tender.
Once baked, allow them to cool and chop into small pieces. When completely cooled, assemble them on the platter and mix them with other salad ingredients as per your choice. Finally, pour some walnut oil, vinegar, and honey along with additional salt and pepper.
The refreshing salads are one of the best ways to eat healthy in the fall and this one is packed with nutrients too.
This combination of Ontario potatoes, veggies and oozing cheese is great as a snack or a side dish. We love this recipe from Letty’s Kitchen.
Below is the list of ingredients needed.
- 4-5 medium Ontario potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili lime salt
- A teaspoon of ground cumin
- A teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper, about 20 grinds
- 1 3/4 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- Lime juice
- 2 cups of grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
Preheat your oven to 450 F.
To prepare this dish, you need to peel and cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch thick round slices. Then mix them with olive oil, chili lime salt, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, and fresh pepper. Next, bake them till the wedges turn golden brown.
In the next stage, Sprinkle with black beans, corn, red pepper, and add lime juice. Add grated cheese from the top and bake it again till the cheese melts. Before serving, add some avocado, cilantro, black olives, green onions, and sour cream
Not only is this dish infused with myriad fall flavors but the stimulating taste highlights the spices it was cooked with.
You can purchase Ontario potatoes in your next produce box by clicking here to order.
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
You’ll be obsessed with this buffalo cauliflower recipe from Feel Good Foodie.
This is a spicy and healthy cauliflower recipe that’s easy to prepare and is the perfect fall dish.
Start with the following ingredients.
- One cauliflower
- ½ cup flour for the coating
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and paprika
- Salt and pepper.
- Your favorite hot sauce.
- Fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 450 F.
Start by preparing the batter by mixing the flour and water. Add the paprika and garlic powder and prepare a thick paste. Next, coat the cauliflower pieces evenly with the batter and bake them till the outer coating turns slightly brown.
Prepare the buffalo sauce by mixing 2 parts of hot sauce with 1 part of butter. Add the lime for some extra zing. Dip the cauliflower pieces in the sauce and bake them again. Once they are crisp and golden, the cauliflower buffalo wings are ready.
By combining the warm, rich flavors with the fresh taste of cauliflowers, this dish is a great choice for every occasion.
This is a spicy zucchini recipe that’s perfect as a snack or as a side. To start, you will need the following ingredients
- 3 medium zucchinis, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 11/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
First, mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and red pepper flakes in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to serve with the fritters.
Toss the zucchini with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Wring out the zucchini to remove excess water and place it in a large bowl. Mix with egg, flour, cornstarch, and chives. Lastly, season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place ¼ cup of zucchini mixture on the skillet. Cook until it turns crisp and golden. Transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate and serve with soy dipping sauce.
Firstly, mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, a pinch of red pepper flakes in a bowl to prepare the soy-dipping sauce.
Toss the zucchini with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove the excess water and mix with egg, flour, cornstarch, and chives. Lastly, season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a skillet and drop ¼ cupful of zucchini in it. Cook until it turns crisp and golden. Transfer the to a paper towel-lined plate and serve with soy dipping sauce.
While perfectly balancing the novelty of the veggies with the sweet-sour flavors, this dish also brings in the right nutritional benefits.